Human connection. We are connecting to people all the time. Yet, many feel lonely. You can walk down the street, smile at everyone and have everyone smile back at you. You can go to work and have everyone smile at you. You can go on Facebook and see that your last post of your selfie or inspirational quote received over 100 likes. You can receive compliments on your outfit and new hair style. You can go out and grab drinks with co-workers. You can chat with people online or offline all day long. Yet, you may still be lonely. Why?
“The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present.”
This is a quote often tossed around regarding the present.
It essentially says that today is called the present because it is a gift.
The origins of that quote can be a bit mercurial but it is often attributed to Alice Morse Earle’s poem. It has been changed numerous times and is even featured in a cartoon movie.
Regardless of where this quote originated, the essence of it matters.
Each moment that passes you make an internal, often subconscious, decision regarding your life path.
Problems arise when you do not stop and enjoy the moment.
Each moment is an opportunity to be free and simply live.
It is this moment that counts.
It is this moment that matters.
It is this moment that shapes your eventual destiny.
Enjoy yourself and stop worrying about the things that you cannot change.
Do not worry about who likes you or dislikes you.
You are simply you.
Therefore, you have to be the best YOU possible.
That happens when you let go and free yourself.
Tomorrow will come to many.
And for many that post all of their hopes on tomorrow…it may never arrive.
But everyone has this moment.
When you let the baggage go, stop worrying about tomorrow, and simply living in the moment you are giving yourself a chance to breathe fully and deeply with life.
You are enjoying the tactile sensations of the air on your skin.
You are in the moment with the rush of blood through your veins and the deep silence of just being.
For some it is hard to stop their minds from constantly thinking about what is coming next or what was.
They worry too much about the external problems and forget that the greatest gift of all is the present.
You have a choice each moment that passes.
You can embrace that moment and simply enjoy being.
Or you can spend that moment worrying about something that has already passed or may come to pass in the future.
In choosing to worry, you burden yourself and lose that moment.
So take a deep breath, feel your environment and just smile.
You have as many moments as you need.
Enjoy your freedom of being in the moment! It’s a gift, cherish it and make the most of it!
What do you enjoy most about living in the moment? Do you find it hard to live in the moment? What is most challenging for living in the moment? Do you have any tips that can help people enjoy their freedom of living in the moment? Please share below in the comments.
I am passionate about showing you how to transform their thoughts because I know that your thoughts truly do matter for you to have happiness, success, healthy relationships and a vibrant body. When our thoughts are with the present moment, we make the most of our moments which create amazing tomorrows. For information about training with me to transform your mind and emotions one or one or to conduct an empowering seminar for your group or business call me at 267-266-6480 or send me an email at email@example.com. If you call, make sure you leave a message and I or my personal assistant will be in contact with you shortly.
Joanne Cipressi, CHt, CNLP
Empowerment Coach, Speaker and Author
When I was in my early 20’s, I had the pleasure to see Thich Nhat Hanh at the Omega Institute in Rhineback, NY. His energy and love were powerfully apparent. I could feel his desire for a more peaceful world which is something that I resonate with.
Below are some of my favorite thoughts from Thich Nhat Hanh. Enjoy these quotes and reflect on the relationships in your life when you read them. I believe that healthy and happy relationships are one of the main
- “Through my love for you, I want to express my love for the whole cosmos, the whole of humanity, and all beings. By living with you, I want to learn to love everyone and all species. If I succeed in loving you, I will be able to love everyone and all species on Earth… This is the real message of love.”
- “When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.”
- “When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don’t blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and argument. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change.”
- “We really have to understand the person we want to love. If our love is only a will to possess, it is not love. If we only think of ourselves, if we know only our own needs and ignore the needs of the other person, we cannot love.”
- “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.”
- “When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and love.”
- “The seed of suffering in you may be strong, but don’t wait until you have no more suffering before allowing yourself to be happy.”
- “People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?”
- “When you say something really unkind, when you do something in retaliation your anger increases. You make the other person suffer, and he will try hard to say or to do something back to get relief from his suffering. That is how conflict escalates.”
- “The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person’s suffering and bring that person joy.”
Much love and peace to your relationships,
Joanne Cipressi, CHt, CNLP
Empowerment Personal Coach/Speaker
Helping couples or individuals mend their relationships by teaching communication skills is one of the most rewarding parts of being a coach. If you need some help and guidance in improving the quality of your relationship, reach out to me. I also offer individual and couples coaching, as well as Rekindle Your Romance Retreats for couples teaching them how to turn toxic patterns into healthy patterns which includes communication tips. Call (267-266-6480) or email me for more information. (Joanne@JoanneCipressi.com)
Today is my birthday and I am honored to have lived another year on this Earth. I feel that life is such an incredible gift that we are sharing together here and I truly do cherish this gift.
However, I did not always cherish life – instead I dreaded it. Those days were not peaceful at all. Thankfully I learned how to appreciate life and now experience peace at a levels higher than I ever even dreamed of. My birthday wish is that everyone would experience this peace as well!
Every since I was a little kid, I wished that people would experience more peace and this desire is stronger today. I believe this will make for a kinder world with more successful and happier people. So, to go along with my birthday wish, I would like to give you a little birthday gift – a message that I hope would allow you to experience more peace in your life.
One of the most important things that I like to teach my clients is how to experience more peace in their life. Whether a person comes to me for life coaching for business, coaching for dating, rekindling romance, coaching for overcoming fears, anger or addiction, coaching for weight loss or anything else, the one thing everyone experiences more of is peace. Peace, I have seen is one of the important keys to achieving a person’s goals.
It can be very obvious that we live in a world that experiences much discord and disharmony. Whenever we turn on the news, scroll through our Facebook or twitter walls we are reminded of how unsettling the world can be. Sometimes our personal lives present situations that are make feeling peaceful challenging. So, how can you feel more peaceful when there is chaotic and stressful situation surrounding you?
Peace begins with you. When you are at peace with yourself, it is much easier to feel peaceable in situations that may be stressful or discontenting. Here are some ways to allow peace to begin with you:
- Let go of the past: When you are holding onto past resentments or regrets, it can be difficult to feel peaceful within. So learn to let go and move forward. Suggestion: Forgive others, as well as yourself.
- Release fear of the future: Being worried about what the future holds depletes peaceful feelings. Whether you are worried about a specific event, situation or a general concern about financial security. Solution: Instead of being worried, hope and plan.
- Eat a balanced healthy diet: When you are ingesting healthy food, you naturally feel better. The nutrients feed your cells and our organs operate better. When your body is healthy, it is easier to feel more at peace as you know you are taking care of your body and will have a lesser chance of becoming sick. Suggestion: Review your diet for a week and see where you can make small changes to begin with. Perhaps, replace junk food snacks with fruit, veggies or yogurt.
- Stop judging other people: When we look at others and put them down, we automatically let go of our peace. We enter a place of bitterness which releases acid and tension into our body. Suggestion: When we open our hearts and care about others with compassion and hope instead of judging them, peace lives within us.
- Quiet the noise: When we are constantly bombarded with noise and what is happening outside ourselves, we tend to get stressed. Some people can handle more noise than others – it depends on your upbringing, training and personality. But, we need some time in the quiet. What amount of time depends on your needs for centering and reconnecting with yourself. Suggestion: Make some time in the morning before you start your day and some time at the end of the day to be quiet with yourself. Even 5 minutes helps.
- Value your relationship with yourself: Sometimes we can be busy trying to impress others and pleasing other that we neglect who we are at the core and what matters to us. When we do this, we end up not feeling very peaceable within. Suggestion: Take time to be quiet with yourself and to listen to your thoughts. Make sure you are being true to you.
Developing peace within yourself is one of the best gifts you can ever give yourself. It will allow you to enjoy life on a level greater than you ever experienced before. Your relationships will improve, your health will be better, and your journey will be more enjoyable. Practice these 6 tips and sign up for my newsletter to receive weekly tips that will help you experience more inner peace by retraining the way you think and feel.
As a life coach, one of the things that I help people learn is to experience more peace in their life. I would be happy to help you as well. With 20 years experience, I have worked with people of all types and journeys. This is my passion and what I love to do. I put my whole heart into it. To set up a session, please fill out the form below or call me directly at 267-266-6480.