Sometimes our beliefs benefit our life in creating a life we dream of, but sometimes they build roadblocks that get in the way of our career, relationships and even our own happiness.
Beginning on Monday, December 19th, I am starting a two week series of blogs about beliefs that will include everything from what they are, how they affect us, how they impact our perception and behaviors to how to discover our core beliefs and how to change them…..and much in between. Some of these blogs will be sections taken right out of my Upcoming eBook called, The Power of Beliefs and How to Tap into this Power, as well as insights and exercises right from my Second and Third Month of my Be the Change Mastermind Group.
So, what are beliefs?
Our brain is so active that we are constantly thinking. We think about our responsibilities, our relationships, our finances, our diet, our health, and so much more throughout our day. We often have outstanding ideas that make us proud or motivated. We may also have ideas that make us feel fearful or limiting. Our ideas and they way we think are often determined by our beliefs. Yet, our thoughts and ideas can also affect our beliefs.So it is important that our thoughts, ideas and beliefs are all in sync with one another. If not, this can cause chaos in our mind, emotions and and may block us from success in our life in every way including our relationships, financial success and health.
So, before moving forward, it is important to know what a belief is. As briefly noted above, a belief is formed by our thoughts and ideas, but also more (which we will discover later). The Merriam-Webster defines belief as:
- A state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing
- Something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
- Conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence.
- A belief is something we assume is true, whether it is or not.
- When you believe in something, you believe it is real.
- A belief is a firmly held opinion or conviction.
- Beliefs are views and opinions that you have accumulated through experiences and ideas.
- Your beliefs are positions that you endorse.
- Beliefs dictate your approach and outlook to life.
- When you believe in something you make a stand for it.
- Beliefs govern your perceptions, thoughts, words, and actions.
- An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists is a belief.
Are you as excited as I am to dig into your beliefs and to tap into their power? I hope so. What are your thoughts about the how your thoughts affect you? Share below.
Joanne Cipressi, CHt, CNLP
Empowerment Coach and Speaker
267*266*6480 or Joanne@joannecipressi.com