Hugs are the universal medicine. ~Author Unknown
Hugs. Arms wrapped around another body, soul, human, or even yourself. Some people like to hug ice cream containers, new pairs of shoes, pillows or a picture from a pleasant memory.
I love hugs. They are a special way to connect others that compares to nothing else. Seeing a friend without giving them a hug is like having freshly baked blueberry cobbler in front of me and telling me I cant have a single taste.
When I first consciously entered my journey of self-discovery and learning how to truly enjoy my life, I came across Leo Buscaglia, who is known as the hug doctor. I admired his love for hugs. After he presented his upbeat, kind, and inspiring talks about love, people would line up to share a hug with Leo.
I saw a video where, Nick Vujicic breaks the world record for hugs. AND he was born without arms, nor legs. Proof we can all hug one another.
Hugs offer so much joy, fulfillment and love to our lives….and so much more! Here are 50 reasons why we can be grateful for hugs. I originally was going to write 20 but my mind kept coming up with so many more. I had to force myself to stop at 50. Enjoy!!
- Hugs can transform a bad day into a good day.
- A hug is easier than leapfrog and safer than skydiving.
- A hug can heal a heart.
- When we are feeling unlovable, a hug can make us feel loved.
- A hug can break down barriers that sometimes words cannot do.
- Hugs are a great way to strengthen family bonds.
- A hug can make you feel safe when you are worried.
- Hugs can speak more than any words can say.
- We bond with a hug.
- Hugs are dryer than most kisses and don’t leave lipstick stains.
- Hugs remind us that we are connected to each other.
- The hug implies a sense of trust that connects us with others.
- Having another person’s arms around us can make us feel unconditionally accepted.
- A hug can put a smile on someone’s face.
- Hugs are a perfect way to relax.
- A loving hug before a tough day could carry you through the challenges.
- We can find comfort with a hug.
- Hugs can reduce the harmful physical effects of stress.
- Based on the results of research released by Psychosomatic Medicine, a warm hug can release oxytocin, a hormone associated with feelings of love and peace.
- Hugs show congratulations when someone tells us good news.
- Hugs make you feel warm on a chilly night.
- We establish human contact and interaction with a hug.
- The beauty of a hug is in its simplicity.
- You can never go into debt by giving a hug.
- Hugs are simple act of caring and kindness
- Hugs can help build a more compassionate world.
- Hugs make children feel loved.
- Hugs show children that you are there for them.
- Hugs make booboos feel better.
- Hugs can establish rapport.
- Hugs can symbolize that deep, non-broken relationship and to tell the other person that ” No matter how far away we are, we will be together always.
- Brigham Young University found that hugging a significant other can help lower high blood pressure.
- Hugs let you know that someone is there even when things get sticky.
- Hugs are excellent for making up after an argument.
- We desire to feel close to others and hugs make us feel close.
- When someone is sad, scared, or disappointed, hug can give a sense of comfort and safety
- Hugs can be reassuring of one’s love and care.
- Hugging is healthier than eating a gallon of ice cream or a bag of Doritos.
- A hug is like a handshake from the heart.
- Hugs can symbolize the excitement of a moment.
- A hugs can welcome you back home.
- Hugs promote positive emotions: “Touch affects the cerebellar brain system, an area of the brain where basic positive emotions such as trust and affection probably come from.” Linda Blair
- Whether you are short or tall, skinny, or overweight, you can give and receive a hug.
- Hugs are great reassurance before going our separate ways.
- Hugs can show how much you are missed.
- Hugs can show how much someone misses you.
- You can have a hug at anytime, even if no one is with you. Hug yourself.
- Hugging opens our heart allowing love to radiate out from it
- Hugs just feel so good.
- ________________________________________ This is for you to fill in. Tell me below why you are grateful for hugs below.
Hug someone today and show them how much you care.
Why are you grateful for hugs? What makes a hug so special to you?
Joanne Cipressi, CHt, CNLP
Empowerment Coach and Speaker